Dear Working Holiday-ers,
It has nothing more romantic than having a wonderful working holiday with your partner. Spouses, husband wife boyfriend girlfriend or whoever you love. What about getting a marriage licence in New Zealand, it can be proved that “you-are-valid” in NZ then. Hahahaha. (Funny)
Thus, we are now talking about internal affairs.
How to get married in New Zealand and why you do that?
- It is easy, just go to the internal affairs/Court house to register first. You and your partner.
- Giving all your details including your Malaysia's addresses, passport details, parents.
- Will you want to change the surname once you get married? Ie, it is familiar to westerners who culture will change their surname (follow husband surname) once married. But not for the Chinese sometimes.
- It just costs around NZD 165 (Hawkes Bay:Hasting court in year 2014). Now I don't know whether they have increased the cost or not?
- Pick a wedding date, location (church or in the court room) and 2 witnesses on that wedding date to sign for you. You may also pick your ring bearer.
You do no need to do any medical check for your wedding to get a married licence.
New Zealand marriage. NZ Govt.
Getting married in New Zealand is just that fun. Not a commitment. But a wonderful responsibility and memorable commitment.
Who can get married?
Other than a married of a couple. Do you know same-sex marriage is legal in New Zealand?
Yes, It is. It is more freedom-able to do this in New Zealand.